Questions to Consider Today
- Why is it important to craft assignments that matter?
- What makes them matter?
- Does your assignment create "pretty" work from the unit or does it address standards and unit learning goals?
What is a Template Task?
- It's a framework for assignments designed by the LDC to be aligned to CCSS when students are writing in response to texts.
- It's not a "canned assignment" but rather a tool to be modified to fit your individual classes.
Navigating The Task Bank
- The task bank represents 29 options to phrase your tasks using LDC guidelines.
- It's broken down into the 3 types of tasks: Argumentative, Informative/Explanatory, Narrative (non-fiction).
- Each type of task is then broken down by what type of assignment the task is focused on.
- The tasks come with a sample rubric.